Today starts Nurses Week. AJN is participating in Lippincott’s Nurses Week initiative, and the entire May issue will be set for open access this week. Additionally, we are reprinting here a wonderful editorial from one of AJN’s former editors, Mary Mallison (click the text below for a larger version, or go to this link for the PDF version, free until June 6). Check in each day as we post voices from nurses from the AJN archives. Enjoy and take pride in our profession, in all that nurses have accomplished, and what nurses are doing today.—Shawn Kennedy, AJN editor-in-chief
The leading voice of nursing since 1900
Visit the AJN homepage to see the latest issue, browse the archives, and more.
Recommended: new collection of moving essays from AJN’s popular Reflections column. Click image below to learn more.
Topics to Explore
- 10 Lessons Learned from Clara Barton’s Life and Work
13 Oct 2016
- In Geneva, a Wider Perspective on Clara Barton’s Humanitarian Vision
12 Oct 2016
- The Call to Service Is Personal: From Vietnam to Red Cross Volunteer
2 Oct 2016
- At American Red Cross HQ and Ford’s Theatre, Vital History, Past and Present
2 Oct 2016
- Clara Barton Tour Update: From Mercury as Medicine to Modern Disaster Response
1 Oct 2016