We are sometimes surprised by the articles our readers are most interested in. The articles shared most often among colleagues are not always the articles being read by the most people. Here are AJN‘s current top five most-emailed articles, many of which deal with essential practice topics such as pain management or nursing handoffs or with various workforce and educational issues:
- CE: Appropriate Use of Opioids in Managing Chronic Pain (July 2016; free access)
- Original Research: Changing Trends in Newly Licensed RNs (February 2014; free access)
- Nursing Handoffs: A Systematic Review of the Literature (April 2010; log-in or purchase required)
- Strategies for Successful Clinical Teaching (July 2016; log-in or purchase required)
- CE: Original Research: Napping on the Night Shift: A Two-Hospital Implementation Project (May 2016; free access)
We encourage readers to visit AJN and explore the wealth of collections, archives, podcasts, videos, and much more. Some articles, such as continuing education features and the monthly Reflections essays, are free access; some require a subscription. And of course, feel free to let us know about topics you’d like to learn more about.
Lastly, here’s a much longer list of AJN‘s most emailed articles.