Charles Kaiman, a clinical nurse specialist in psychiatric mental health nursing at the New Mexico Veterans Affairs facility in Albuquerque, is also an acclaimed artist. This month we feature his work both on our cover and in Art of Nursing. In On the Cover, Kaiman offers thoughts on his painting technique, which he calls “a form of visual meditation,” and describes how it clears the mind. If you’re in the New York City area in early October, come check out his show at the Blue Mountain Gallery at 530 West 25 Street in Manhattan, October 6 through 31. For more information, visit the artist’s Web site.
The leading voice of nursing since 1900
Visit the AJN homepage to see the latest issue, browse the archives, and more.
- 10 Lessons Learned from Clara Barton’s Life and Work
13 Oct 2016
- In Geneva, a Wider Perspective on Clara Barton’s Humanitarian Vision
12 Oct 2016
- The Call to Service Is Personal: From Vietnam to Red Cross Volunteer
2 Oct 2016
- At American Red Cross HQ and Ford’s Theatre, Vital History, Past and Present
2 Oct 2016
- Clara Barton Tour Update: From Mercury as Medicine to Modern Disaster Response
1 Oct 2016